Marriage Works is a marriage counselling psychology service designed to give you practical, research-based communication skills and relationship advice to help you deal with your marital issues, roadblocks, personal stresses, and intimacy problems.
If you are looking to have a better relationship with your life partner, your family, your child, your friends, your colleagues, and your community, Marriage Works will help achieve this with practical, common sense, real world solutions for YOU.
Offering relationship counselling, family therapy, marriage and couple therapy to partners and individuals, Marriage Works is run by Philipa Thornton and Chris Paulin who are both recognised and qualified registered eastern suburbs psychologists and are fully accredited with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and Medicare.
Do you recognise yourself or your partner in any of these statements?
- My partner has had an affair and I just cannot get over it.
- All we ever do is argue, fight, and never get anywhere.
- We just can’t seem to communicate anymore.
- I am sick of the misunderstanding, hurt, and pain.
- Things just aren’t the same after the baby arrived. I feel lonely and alone.
- Since we had kids, we have forgotten about ‘us’. It’s like we are living separate
- We have lost the spark –HELP! There is no sex or romance. Can we ever get it back again?
- I just don’t know what to do anymore.
You may be in tears while reading this. We understand this is a painful time but please continue reading on for ways to find relief.
You Are Not Alone
Help is at hand – We will work with you to give you back HOPE. And the fact you are here on our marriage counselling website is actually a great start.
Decades of scientific research from Professor John Gottman supports this. Professor Gottman is an expert in psychology, specialising in predicting divorce by watching couples attempt to resolve marital conflict. His studies show that most couples face these and other serious problems:
- Affairs and infidelities
- Communication problems – criticism, blame, attacking, and defensiveness
- Distrust and fear from past unresolved issues
- Money worries
- Grief and loss
- Parenting issues
- Separation issues
- Conflict avoidance
- Challenges of blended families
- Depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mental and physical health problems
- Family problems and crises – miscarriage, job loss, natural disasters, bushfires, tsunami’s… you name it!
- Sexual problems and intimacy issues
Although this seems to be a long list and a little overwhelming to read, we are certain that you saw your problems laid out for you. And your decision to visit our website means you are determined to get professional relationship help. Have no fear, you are in good hands and we are committed to giving you the help that you need.
Can’t wait want help now? Please call us on 0434 559 011 or 0411 144 646 week days 9-5 to organise your free 15-minute consultation. Email Philipa Thornton at email@example.com or Chris Paulin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Break Free from the rut and get out of the trenches! Relationship counselling will free you from corrosive patterns of pain and help you create the loving relationship of your heart’s desire.
We will help you and your significant other learn new skills and heal emotional pains. Know you are not alone with your pain. Truly, it doesn’t have to be this way. Marital therapy and relationship counselling can help you rebuild your relationship.
With relationship counselling or marriage therapy, you can:
- Achieve connection and enhanced intimacy from being in a safe, caring, and committed relationship
- Feel truly heard and able to express your feelings with open, honest, and respectful communication skills
- Resolve conflict in a healthy, cooperative, and collaborative way
- Have compassion for yourself and your partner that creates closeness, understanding, and validation
- Heal from past hurts and be free of resentment
- Create a loving, open, and honest space that shows your children what a strong bond and healthy respectful partnership looks like
- Attain sexual excitement and vigour through increased intimate partner connection
- Enhance emotional connection and support in all areas of your life
- Achieve a life vision that inspires and encourages the best for you and your future life relationship together
Find the Secret to True Intimacy & Love in Your Relationship Today!
Find out HOW you can move forward into being the couple you love and admire, desiring each other, caring, emotionally connected, and committed.
Free yourself from the worries of the past and resolve your relationship problems now. Let your children see parents that live, love, and stay together through the toughest times.
As trained relationship psychologists, we at Marriage Works know how Marriage Therapy and Relationship Counselling can help you to break free from unhappy and unhealthy relationship patterns.
Don’t wait until it gets really bad. Please call us now at 0434 559 011 to begin experiencing the changes you want today.
Advantages of Working with Registered Psychologists
The advantages of working with fully qualified psychologists who are registered with the Australian Psychology Board, the Australian Psychologist Association (APS), and the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA) cannot be underestimated.
We can offer you Medicare Rebates and Private Health Insurance Claims with HICAPS and EFTPOS on site, claiming for rebates in most instances.
What Does This Mean for You?
Peace of mind, knowing that you have a health professional who operates within a code of ethics, is consistently updating their skills, committed to excellence, and trusted to be backed by the Federal Government’s Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
If you are eligible, you may benefit further by being able to access Medicare Rebates under the Department of Health. With the Better Access Initiative, your doctor can refer you to psychologists and mental health practitioners through the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS). For more information on the Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the MBS (Better Access) initiative click this text.
Get the Help You Need from Qualified and Experienced Relationship Psychologists
We SPECIALISE in relationships, and you get the additional benefits of top credentials and an experienced professional couple therapist.
Philipa successfully completed the Australian Institute of Relationship Studies (AIRS, a division of Relationships Australia) Graduate Diploma of Systemic Couple Therapy. This course incorporates theory and practice in order to qualify to their high standards of professional service.
Chris has a Masters Degree in Psychology. He previously worked for the Health Department and we are lucky to have him at Marriage Works. Chris is seeing both couples and their families.
As field-proven Eastern Suburbs Psychologists with over 50 years of counselling training and experience in working with singles and couples on relationship issues, Philipa and Chris and possess the tools, techniques, and strategies that can help you discover insights and take action to change your love patterns.
We feel truly blessed to have the skills, knowledge, ability, and opportunity to work with couples and individuals who are struggling with what seems like impossible odds.
At Marriage Works, you can benefit from:
- Counselling services using evidence-based psychological therapies that are tried and true
- Cognitive behavioural therapy for depression and anxiety
- Research proven Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or Tapping
- Resource Therapy for sexual abuse, trauma, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), domestic violence, addictions, OCD, Phobias and low self-esteem
New to relationship counselling?
Check out what to expect in couples sessions and how you can prepare for a better relationship in the relationship advice section. Please read this to make the most of your couple therapy session.
Engaged and about to get married?
We invite you to look at our pre-marriage counselling packages. We offer very super reasonable rates for our Prepare/Enrich Program.
At Marriage Works, you get to work with trained Medicare registered psychologists in Randwick, near Bondi Junction/Woollahra. Our practice location is very close to Coogee, Clovelly, Bronte, Chifley, Centennial Park, La Perouse, Maroubra, Kingsford, Daceyville, Queens Park, Charing Cross, and Kensington areas. There is plenty of free unlimited parking for your convenience.
Public transport is easily accessible, as we are conveniently located in the Eastern Suburbs. Market Street, Randwick 2031 is easily accessible from the Bondi Junction train station and bus interchange. There are several regular buses available to our practice location from Randwick via East Gardens (314, 316, 317, 370, 410, 348, 400), Clovelly (338,339, x39), or City (338,339). Of course, you can always grab an Uber or taxi if you choose!
Marriage Works Randwick Location in Sydney NSW, Australia:
Contact Us Today and Start Working Towards Your Ideal Relationship NOW
At Marriage Works, you will find the help and hope you need with your relationship problems. We are looking forward to encouraging safety and trust, so you can ease into your relationships, marriage, and life.
Determined to start now?