Stressful events are things that come out of the blue and knocks us for a six. Planning Plan B by Kylie Parker will help you recover from the top 10.
I am super excited to introduce you to Kylie’s fabulous book as I had a small part to play in contributing to it. I did not hesitate when Kylie asked me to write as a relationship expert to help others.
Planning Plan B, is written for when life’s bumps in the road through you off track. It gives you the how to get back up and running again.
Kylie consulted with experts to bring us practical, prudent and real world advice. Here you will learn from financial planners Mark Bradley and Hamish Thomson from Priority Advisory Group, Melanie McFarlane business owner, Melinda Winning family lawyer, Alan Prasad, Michael Gottlieb, Vanessa Billy, Mark Sacks, Campbell Fuller, Kate Fitzsimmons, Michael Long and myself how to be prepared for Plan B.
Kylie has taken the Holmes and Rahe Stress Scales (Holmes & Rahe, 1967) 10 stressful events and compiled a way forward when disaster strikes.
The Stressful 10 are:
2. Death of a spouse or close family member
3. Divorce or permanent separation – without kids
4. Divorce or permanent separation – with kids
5. Disability or incapacity due to accident or illness.
6. Dismissal from employment
7. Disaster occurring whilst traveling
8. Dissolution of a business due to financial loss or unforeseen circumstances
9. Depression, mental illness or Dementia
10. Distressed sale of a home.
Life’s big things, we may never have to go through but if you do it is best to be informed. So get Plan B today!
Holmes, T. H., & Rahe, R. H. (1967). The social readjustment rating scale. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 11, 213.
Want to take the Stress scale? click here Holmes Rahe Stress Inventory